Iredell County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Iredell County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||November 3, 1788|
1852, 1854--Courthouse fires destroyed many court records.
Statesville (county seat)
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Templeton] Templeton, Ronald H. "Possible North Carolina/South Carolina Templeton Relationships," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 35, No. 3 (Summer 2007):123-130. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 35 Presents discoveries of previously unknown kinships based on the Templeton DNA study.
Statesville Record and Landmark
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More