Iredell County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Iredell County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||November 3, 1788|
1852, 1854--Courthouse fires destroyed many court records.
Statesville (county seat)
- Statesville: 1910
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Templeton] Templeton, Ronald H. "Possible North Carolina/South Carolina Templeton Relationships," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 35, No. 3 (Summer 2007):123-130. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 35 Presents discoveries of previously unknown kinships based on the Templeton DNA study.
- Iredell County people in NC Newspapers - name listing of people from the county as located in misc. newspaper articles; time span varies. Articles indexed in the NC People in the Papers database.
- Iredell County newspapers - a listing of newspapers published in the county & libraries that hold them; via the Library of Congress. If you find a paper of interest on microfilm, you may be able to request it via Interlibrary Loan with your local public library.
- Statesville Record and Landmark - current newspaper of Statesville
- Mooresville Tribune - another current paper
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Lake Norman North Carolina Family History Center (Mooresville)
- Statesville North Carolina Family History Center
- Iredell County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback