Italian Indexing and Handwriting HelpsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:40, 25 March 2013 by Sandralpond
New Entries -
- The consistent method for deleting information is to put a box around it, rather than to draw a line through it. Typically the box will precede the correct version of what is in the box.
- A useful site for determining if something is a surname or an occupation is translate.google.com where you can enter what you see as Italian and see the result as English (e.g., ragioniere translates as accountant... obviously not a name)
- Unusual surnames that don't appear on the lookup list can often be found at this website, showing them to be local to the area being indexed.
- There are often only a very few families with such surnames.
- Surnames from Northern Italy are often influenced by neighboring Switzerland and France.
Variations from Normal Entries
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News