Italy, Messina, Civil Registration, State Archive (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question: I get a message “Image not Available” for some of the records even when I am signed in. Can I view these records? Some were previously available? Have some records been removed?
- Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. Italian Data Privacy rules prohibit viewing the following records: All birth images must be 100 years or older; all marriage images must be 70 years or older, and all death images must be 70 years or older.
- If any record on a digital folder contains birth records from the last 100 years, for example, the entire digital folder is restricted.
- The Historical Records collections will be updated each year to show new unrestricted records. FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to preserving and providing access to genealogical records in its collection.
- Images for this collection are only visible to Contributing Organizations, members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and those accessing FamilySearch in Family History Centers. It is recommended that you call the Family History Center to find out if they are certified to access the images.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the following information:
- When browsing this collection: please include full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window. For example: Italy, Messina, Messina Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1866-1939 > Ali > Nati 1866-1910 > Image 55 of 2175.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Italy, Messina, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Italy, Messina, Messina, Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1866-1939 collection at FamilySearch.org.