Italy, Messina, Civil Registration, State Archive (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
If you encounter problems with these collections, feel free to report them email@example.com Please include the following information:
- When browsing this collection: please include full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window. For example: Continental Europe > Italy, Messina Civil Registration (State Archives), 1820-1865 > Brolo > Nati 1832 (Registro 1700 > Image 5 of 31.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Italy, Messina Civil Registration (State Archives)
Question #1: I get a message “This image is available when using the site at the family history center or to signed-in members of supporting organizations” I used to be able to view them. Has something changed? Can I view these records?
Answer #1: Images for this collection, which at one time were accessible, are now only visible to members of the supporting organization, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and those accessing FamilySearch at the FamilySearch Centers. Please contact the FamilySearch Center to verify that they are certified to view these images.
Question #2: Even when I sign in using my LDS sign-in, I cannot find the images for which I am searching. Is there a way to find these images?
- Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. Italian Data Privacy rules prohibit viewing the following records:
- All birth images must be 100 years or older; all marriage images must be 70 years or older, and all death images must be 70 years or older.
- If any record on a digital folder contains birth records from the last 100 years, for example, the entire digital folder is restricted.
- The Historical Records collections will be updated each year to show new unrestricted records. FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to preserving and providing access to genealogical records in its collection.
Italy, Messina Civil Registration 1866-1939 (Tribunale)
Italy, Messina Civil Registration 1866-1910 (Comune)
Return to the Italy, Messina, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Italy, Messina, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1820-1865 collection at FamilySearch.org.