Jackson County, Florida GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Jackson County Florida genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Jackson County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||August 12, 1822|
Jackson County Courthouse
2864 Madison Court; PO Box 510;
Marianna, FL 32447
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records from 1845, land records from 1824,
divorce, divorce, military and court records from 1900. 
Record LossNovember 30, 1848 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
Places / Localities
- Decatur County, Georgia
- Geneva County, Alabama
- Houston County, Alabama
- Seminole County, Georgia
For tips on accessing Jackson County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Sink Creek
- Family Maps of Jackson County, Florida (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Florida Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred or order electronically online. See also How to order Florida Vital Records
For some online statewide indexes, see the FamilySearch Historical Record Collections for Florida.
- 1848-1929 - Jackson County Marriage Books A-F, 1-14 Index 1848-1929 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jackson County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Jackson County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jackson County, Florida Page 135 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "Andrew Jackson," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/54/Igiflorida.pdf.
|This Florida-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.