Jackson County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Jackson County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Jackson County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||August 30, 1855|
|Address|| Jackson County Courthouse|
400 New York Ave.
Holton, Kansas 66436-1791
Jackson County Courthouse
400 New York Avenue
Holton, KS 66436
Formerly Calhoun County Name changed to Jackson 11 Feb 1859.
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1903-1911.
Probate Judge has marriage records from 1867,
Probate records from 1857 and court records from 1900.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1858. 
1855--Jackson County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county.
County seat: Holton 
The Potawatomi Indian Reservation is located within the boundaries of Jackson County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jackson County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jackson County, Kansas page 251, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "List of counties in Kansas," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).