Jackson County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Jackson County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||January 29, 1851|
Jackson County Courthouse
401 Grind Stass Road Room 103
States, NC 28677
Clerk Superior Court has divorce, probaet and court records from 1851
Jackson created from Haywood and Macon 29 Jan 1851
Many records missing, reason unknown.
For tips on accessing Jackson County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- 1868-1955 - Will Books (1868-1955) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- County, NCGenWeb - free genealogical resources; part of the USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jackson County, North Carolina. Page 510 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "Andrew Jackson," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback