Jackson County, Oregon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
10 South Oakdale
Medford, OR 97501
- Jacksonville was the former county seat prior to 1927.
- Records kept at the Courthouse: County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Jackson County Court House as of September 2001.
- Record Loss:
Named for Andrew Jackson, seventh president of the United States.
- Parts taken for: 
22 December 1853: Coos County
11 January 1854: Wasco County
22 January 1856: Josephine County
24 October 1874: Lake County
Places / Localities
Church History and Records (rural area)
- 1859 State Transcription and Index
- 1893 State Transcription and Index
Societies and Libraries
- Jackson County Genealogy Library
maintained by Rogue Valley Genealogical Society
- The Jackson County GenWeb Project;part of The ORGenWeb Project, a state project affiliated with The USGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Jackson County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Jackson County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Jackson County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].