Jakob, NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
History of the parish
Jakob parish was established July 10, 1874 by splitting off the northwest part of Vor Frelser. The border was to follow Møllerveien from Aker river, Møllergata, Youngs gate, Storgata, Nygata, Vognmannsgata, Rødfyllgata, Tomtegata and Aker river.
The parish was expanded September 28, 1897 and the borders should follow Møllerveien, Maridalsveien, Fredensborgveien, Rosteds gate, Møllergata, Youngs gate, Storgata, Brugata, Aker river, Trondheimsveien, Herslebs gate and Nordre gate.
Christian Kroghs gate was added to Vaterland småkirke annex on November 18, 1899.
In 1938 a part of Matteus parish which borders Trondheimsveien, Kirkegårdsgata, Rathkes gate and Herslebs fate was added to Jakob. At the same time a part of Hauge's parish which was bordered by Aker river, Sofienberggata, Toftes gare and Nordre gate was added also.
In 1959 Vaterland's church was discontinued. Because of this the boundaries between Domkirken, Jakob and Grønland parishes were adjusted.