Jamaica, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
m (moved Jamaica, Civil Birth Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues to Jamaica, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues: Correction of name)
Latest revision as of 21:07, 21 August 2013
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: When I search for an image, the wrong image comes up. How do I find the correct image?
Answer #1: Some images are incorrectly linked, and they may be one or more records off. To determine if that is the case, click the Previous or Next button to see if the correct image appears. If you determine that images are missing, please report the problem so that it can be investigated and corrected. These certificates are available on microfilm (Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche) which can be ordered from the Family History Library and viewed at your local FamilySearch Center.
Question #2: Several records have an erroneous father’s name of "Azariah Rehoboam." What is the real father’s name?
Answer #2: On five (5) index records for Film 538790, DGS 4492562, images 1572, 1576, 1578, 1580, and 1581, it appears that "Azariah Rehoboam" was added to the father's given and surname fields, even though this name doesn't appear on the images, and in fact there are NO father's names listed on these images.
Question #3: The browse folders only contain Digital Folder Numbers. How does this help me browse for the birth records I am looking for?
Answer #3: The Digital Folder Numbers are what is called a “fake browse”. In order to find the birth records you are looking for, search from the collection home page. You can
• Search by Last Names;
• Search by Life Events: Birth, entering the county or town of interest, as well as birth year range; and
• Search by Relationships: Parents, entering all or part of the name.
Please review Document 106515 How to start a search from the Historical Records home page for basic search techniques. If you do not see the record(s) that you want, you can refine or filter your search results. See Document 114099 How to apply filters to your search results in Historical Records.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Jamaica, Civil Birth Registration > 004492562 > Image 1572 of 2058.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Jamaica, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Jamaica, Civil Registration, 1880-1999 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 21 August 2013, at 21:07.
- This page has been accessed 330 times.