James County, TennesseeEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Courthouse fires in 1890 and 1913 caused extensive record loss. The remaining James County records are housed in Hamilton County.
The following book includes history, vital records, biographies and other miscellaneous records of James County:
- Donnelly, Polly W. et al. James County: A Lost County of Tennessee. Ooltewah, Tenn.: Old James County Chapter, East Tennessee Historical Society, 1983. FHL US/CAN Book 976.882 H2j.
War of 1812
- Embry, Hermione D. "War of 1812 - Tennessee Pensioners on List - January 2, 1883," Ansearchin' News, Vol. 7, No. 4 (Oct. 1960):90-93. FHL US/CAN Book 976.8 B2a v. 7 (1960); digital version at journal website. [Includes James County pensioners (p. 90).]
- James County, TN Genealogy (USGenWeb)
- ↑ Robert M. McBride, "Lost Counties of Tennessee," East Tennessee Historical Society's Publications 38 (1966): 11-14.
- ↑ "James County, Tennessee" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_County,_Tennessee (accessed 25 May 2010).