Jasper County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1864 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
Civil War service men from Jasper County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Jasper County.
- 9th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company G, and Reorganized Company G
- 12th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies F, and K
- 15th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company H
- 48th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 72nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I
- 87th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company A
- 135th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company A
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jasper County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ "William Jasper," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback