Jasper County, Indiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1864 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
- list of Jasper County Cemeteries - INGenWeb
- see - Cemeteries - Linkpendium
- Jasper, Newton, Pulaski, White County Area Deaths - 2002-2004 - Lanewood
- Weston Cemetery Record - Lanewood
- Crockett Cemetery, Rensselaer BillionGraves
- F.A. Battey & Co. Counties of Warren, Benton, Jasper and Newton, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. (Chicago: F.A. Battey & Co, 2008.) also (Digital images of original published: Mt. Vernon, IN : Windmill Publications, 1994. viii, 810 p. : ill., ports. ; 28 cm. The original is a reprint. It was originally published : Chicago : F.A. Battey, 1883.) FHL Collection Family History Archives other library Internet Archive
- Biographical history of Tippecanoe, White, Jasper, Newton, Benton, Warren and Pulaski counties, (Indiana. 2003. La Crosse WI: Brookhaven Press.) FHL US/CAN Film 1731988 FHL Collection other library vol.1 Google books vol.2 Google books
- Jasper County, Indiana: History - Linkpendium
- Maps and Gazetteers - Linkpendium
- Jasper County, Indiana GIS Web Map
- - see - Military Records and Histories - Linkpendium
Civil War service men from Jasper County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Jasper County.
- 4th Battery, Indiana Light Artillery
- 9th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company G, and Reorganized Company G
- 12th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies F, and K
- 15th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company H
- 48th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 72nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I
- 87th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company A
- 99th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company E
- 135th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company A
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
Civil War Book
- "Military History of Jasper Counity" in F.A. Battey & Co. Counties of Warren, Benton, Jasper and Newton, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. (Chicago: F.A. Battey & Co, 2008.) also (Digital images of original published: Mt. Vernon, IN : Windmill Publications, 1994. viii, 810 p. : ill., ports. ; 28 cm. The original is a reprint. It was originally published : Chicago : F.A. Battey, 1883.) page 485-507, FHL Collection Family History Archives other library Internet Archive
- - see - Vital Records - Linkpendium
- Indiana State Digital Archive - Death, E-Pubication, Institcation, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records - ISDA
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jasper County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ "William Jasper," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News