Jasper County, Texas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Adopted by Jasper County, TXGenWeb
Billy & Carla Karbowski Clifton
Jane Sanford Keppler
Jasper County Courthouse
PO Box 2070
Jasper, TX 75951
County Clerk has marriage, probate and land records from 1849,
birth records from 1874, death records from 1903, court records
from 1911 and cemetery records; Distric Clerk has divorce records
HistoryWilliam Jasper (c1750-1779).
1836--Jasper County was created 17 March 1836 from Old Mexican Municipality. County seat: Jasper 
1849--Courthouse and all county records were destroyed by fire in October 1849.
Places / Localities
- Jasper County Cemeteries - from the TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 Texas, Death Index, 1964-1998 (FamilySearch Historical Records) Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Jasper County TXGenWeb site
- TXGenWeb Project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jasper County, Texas. Page 667 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "William Jasper," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News