Jefferson County, NebraskaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Jefferson County Courthouse
411 4th St;
Fairbury, NE 68352
County Clerk has marriage records.
County Judge has probate and court records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1856--Johnson County was created 26 January 1856 from unorganized territory. County seat: Fairbury 
For tips on accessing Jefferson County, Nebraska census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Early migration routes to and from Jefferson County, Nebraska for European and African American settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jefferson County, Nebraska page 431, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
|This Nebraska-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on our new look!Give Feedback