Jefferson County, Oregon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
66 SE D Street, Suite D,
Madras, Oregon 97741
- Culver was the county seat 1914 to 1916
- Named for Mount Jefferson, located on west boundary. It was named in turn for Thomas Jefferson, third president of the United States of America.
- Created from Crook County 12 Decembr 1914.
Records Held at the Courthouse
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Jefferson County Court House as of August 2005.
Places / Localities
- Warm Springs (Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs)
- Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
Societies and Libraries
- The Jefferson County GenWeb Project part of The ORGenWeb Project, a state project affiliated with The USGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Jefferson County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Jefferson County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Jefferson County.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News