Jefferson County, Oregon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
United States > Oregon > Jefferson County
66 SE D Street, Suite D,
Madras, Oregon 97741
- Culver was the county seat 1914 to 1916
- Named for Mount Jefferson, located on west boundary. It was named in turn for Thomas Jefferson, third president of the United States of America.
Records Held at the Courthouse
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Jefferson County Court House as of August 2005.
Places / Localities
- Warm Springs (Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs)
Crook | Deschutes | Linn | Marion | Wasco | Wheeler
Cemeteries (rural area)
Gray Butte Cemetery
- Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
Societies and Libraries
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).