Jefferson County, OregonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 04:14, 19 October 2008 by Dsammy
66 SE D Street, Suite D,
Madras, Oregon 97741
- Culver was the county seat 1914 to 1916
Records Held at the Courthouse
- County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Jefferson County Court House as of August 2005.
- Record Loss:
- Named for Mount Jefferson, located on west boundary. It was named in turn for Thomas Jefferson, third president of the United States of America.
Places / Localities
- Warm Springs (Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs)
Cemeteries (rural area)
Church History and Records
- Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
Societies and Libraries
- The Jefferson County GenWeb Project part of The ORGenWeb Project, a state project affiliated with The USGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Jefferson County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Jefferson County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Jefferson County.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback