Jerauld County, South DakotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Jerauld County, South Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Jerauld County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||April 17, 1883|
|County Seat||Wessington Springs|
Jerauld County Courthouse
205 S Wallace Street
Wessington Springs, SD 57382
Register of Deeds has birth, death, and burial
records from 1905, marriage records from 1890
and land records; Clerk Courts has probate records
from 1890, court records from 1889 and divorce
records from 1900; County Auditor has school
- 1883--Jerauld County was created 17 April 1883 fromAurora and Buffalo Counties.
County seat: Wessington Springs 
Solberg Lutheran Cemetery transcriptions listing the name, date of death and age. The site also lists an index to the Jerauld County WPA records which list the names of deceased individuals and the cemetery where they are buried within the County. This was done in the 1930's and the 1940's and contains some errors.
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1935 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1945 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002)Jerauld County, South Dakota, p.625
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More