Jim Wells County, Texas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Jim Wells County Courthouse
200 N Almond Street
Alice, TX 78332
County Clerk has birth, death, marriage, probate and
court records from 1911 and land records from 1848;
District Clerk has divorce records
Adopted by TXGenWeb Jim Wells County
Jim Wells County Courthouse, Alice, TX, circa 1912
Places / Localities
Transcriptions of all Jim Wells County cemeteries were started in 2004, by Charlie Ward, a local volunteer. Transcriptions are located at the website and also at Find-A-Grave with photos of all headstones present at the time the walkthrough was completed. There are still a large number of cemeteries to be done.
- Barrera Cemetery, Alice
- Cadenas Cemetery, Alice
- Gonzalez Cemetery, Alice
- Fraternal Cemetery, Alice
- Hinojosa Cemetery, Alice
- Lattas Cemetery, Alice
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jim Wells County, Texas. Page 667 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).