Jones County, Georgia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Jones County, Georgia|
Location of Georgia in the U.S.
|Founded||December 10, 1807|
|Address|| Jones County Courthouse|
PO Box 1359
Gray, GA 31032-1359
Jones County Website
Probate Court has birth and death records from 1924,
marriage and probate records from 1811; Clerk Superior
Court has land and court records
Places / Localities
- Mountain Springs Cemetery, Macon BillionGraves
1811-1850 Georgia Pioneers ($)
1811-1822, Marriage Bonds Index (digital images) Georgia Pioneers ($)
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Jones County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Georgia.
- Wills, Book E, 1808-1850 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Wills, Book C 1851-1856 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Wills, Book D 1864-1890 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Index to Will Books A, B, C, 1809-1851 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Will Books C and D, 1851-1867 Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Index to Annual Returns and Estates, Book F, 1825-1828 Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Digital Images of Jones County Wills 1809 to 1835. See list of testators. Pioneers
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jones County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers ($)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jones County, Georgia. Page 157 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 13 August, 2012)
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More