Jones County, Georgia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Jones County; PO Box 1359; Gray, GA 31032-1359; Ph. 478.986.6671 Details: (Pro Ct has b & d rec from 1924, m & pro rec from 1811; Clk Sup Ct has land & ct rec)
Places / Localities
- Mountain Springs Cemetery, Macon BillionGraves
1811-1850 Georgia Pioneers ($)
1811-1822, Marriage Bonds Index (digital images) Georgia Pioneers ($)
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Jones County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Georgia.
- Wills, Book E, 1808-1850 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Wills, Book C 1851-1856 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Wills, Book D 1864-1890 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Index to Will Books A, B, C, 1809-1851 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Will Books C and D, 1851-1867 Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Index to Annual Returns and Estates, Book F, 1825-1828 Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Digital Images of Jones County Wills 1809 to 1835. See list of testators. Pioneers
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jones County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers ($)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 13 August, 2012)