Jones County, Mississippi
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States|United States ]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Mississippi]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Jones_County,_Mississippi|Jones County]]'' <br>
|Line 113:||Line 113:|
Revision as of 23:55, 15 March 2013
Guide to Jones County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Jones County Courthouse
PO Box 1468
Laurel, MS 39441
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records from 1882
and court records from 1907.
Clerk Chancery Court at Laurel and Ellisville, Mississippi has divorce and land records. 
Ellisville District 1
Some records have been lost.
For tips on accessing Jones County, Mississippi census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- George's Camp
- Civil War service men from Jones County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Jones County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry Reserves
- Company B - Nixon’s Company
- - 7th Battalion, Mississippi Infantry
- Company C - Jones County Rebels
- Company F - Renovators
- - 8th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company K - Elllisville Invincibles, aka Jones County Invincibles [also listed as Co. C]
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jones County, Mississippi page 380, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback