Kearney County, NebraskaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Kearney County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
Kearney County Courthouse
Minden, NE 68959
County Clerk has marriage records from 1872 and land records.
County Judge has probate and court records. Clerk District Court has divorce records. 
1860--Kearney County was created 10 January 1860 from unorganized territory. County seat: Minden 
For tips on accessing Kearney County, Nebraska census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Early migration routes to and from Kearney County, Nebraska for European and African American settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Kearney County, Nebraska page 432, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map II" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap2.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
|This Nebraska-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback