Kemper County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1833--Kemper County was created 23 December 1833 from the Choctaw Cession. County seat: De Kalb 
1882--Some records were lost.
- Civil War service men from Kemper County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Kemper County.
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company H - Kemper Dragoons
- - 5th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company I - Kemper Rebels, aka Kemper Guards
- - Perrin's Battalion, Mississippi State Cavalry
- Company A - Perrin’s Company
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).