Kennebec County, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
125 State Street
Augusta, Maine 04330
Kennebec County; 95 State St; Augusta, ME 04330-5611; Ph. 207.622.0971 Details: (Reg of Deeds has land rec from 1799; Pro Ct has pro rec from 1799; Twn Clks have b, m & d rec) Towns Organized Before 1800: Augusta 1797, Belgrade 1796, China 1796, Clinton 1795, Fayette 1795, Hallowell 1771, Litchfield 1795, Monmouth 1792, Mount Vernon 1792, Pittsdon 1779, Readfield 1791, Sidney 1792, Vassalboro 1771, Wayne 1798, Winslow 1771, Winthrop 1771 www.rootsweb.com/~mekenneb/
- Four partitions:
Places / Localities
Maine Newspaper Archive. Indexes Free; Digital Page Images $ (GenealogyBank $) Twenty-two early Maine 18th and 19th century newspapers, 1785-1898 online. Indexes (free); digital images ($). These newspapers are from Augusta, Bangor, Belfast, Brunswick, Castine, Eastport, Falmouth, Hallowell, Kennebunk, Portland, Saco and Wiscasset.
Tip: early Maine newspapers routinely reported on news, obituaries, births, marriages etc. from around the state. Be sure to search the indexes for all Maine newspapers to find your target ancestor.
Age. Indexes Free, Digital Pages $. 1832-1861. at GenealogyBank. $
Herald of Liberty. Indexes Free, Digital Pages $. 1810-1815. at GenealogyBank. $
Kennebec Gazette. Indexes Free, Digital Pages $. 1810-1815. at GenealogyBank. $
American Advocate. Indexes Free, Digital Pages $. 1809-1835. at GenealogyBank. $
Hallowell Gazette. Indexes Free, Digital Pages $. 1814-1827. at GenealogyBank. $
Maine Cultivator and Hallowell Gazette. Indexes Free, Digital Pages $. 1839-1870. at GenealogyBank. $
Societies and Libraries
Family history Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Augusta Maine Family History Center
- Waterville Maine Family History Center
- The Kennebec County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Kennebec County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Kennebec County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Kennebec County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
|This Maine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More