Kennebec County, Maine GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:06, 10 September 2008 by Standingve
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
County Government Center
125 State Street
Augusta, Maine 04330
Created 20 February 1799 from Lincoln County
- Four partitions:
- Somerset 1 March 1809
- Waldo 7 February 1827
- Franklin 220 March 1838
- Androscoggin 18 March 1854
Places / Localities
- Cities: Augusta . Gardiner . Hallowell . Waterville
- Towns: Albion . Belgrade . Benton . Chelsea . China . Clinton . Farmingdale . Fayette . Litchfield . Manchester . Monmouth . Mount Vernon . Oakland . Pittston . Randolph . Readfield . Rome . Sidney . Vassalboro . Vienna . Wayne . West Gardiner . Windsor . Winslow . Winthrop
- Unorganized territory: Unity
- Communities: Clinton . Farmingdale . Oakland . Winthrop
- Villages: Libby Hill . South China
Societies and Libraries
- The Kennebec County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Kennebec County
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Kennebec County