Kingston New York Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 153 Fording Place Road, Lake Katrine, New York
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)
- Location on Map
- M-F 9am-1pm,
- T 7pm-9pm
Calendar and Events
Family History Conference
October 27, 2012
Would you like to learn about your family Roots? Are you unsure of where to start in searching your family tree? A Family History Conference will be held on October 27, 2012 from 10 – 3 at the Kingston Ward building of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 153 Fording Place Road, Lake Katrine, NY 12449.
Ann Gordon, Ulster County Historian is the keynote speaker and will talk on "The Real Story of Soujourner Truth." Ms. Gordon tells the story of how genealogical records were used to sort truth from fiction in all the legends about Isabella (Soujorner Truth).
Other sessions include: a panel discussion on Getting Organized; experienced genealogists in Italian, Latin American, English, Colonial, and Scottish genealogical research; Youth and Family Research; and using the State Library and Archives.
We will also view a talk David McCullough (author of John Adams and Harry Truman) which he gave at A Celebration of Family History which took place in Salt Lake City on April 29, 2010.
There is no fee to attend this conference. Lunch will be provided.
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback