Kingwood Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Kingwood Family History Center serves patrons in the northeast quarter of Harris County in the Greater Houston Area of Texas. In addition, we are easily accessible to patrons in Montgomery, Liberty, Polk and other surrounding counties. The Kingwood Family History Center is a full service center. We look forward to your visit.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 4021 Deerbrook, Kingwood, Texas 77339 (mail not accepted at this address)
- Located at corner of Deerbrook Drive and Northpark Drive in Kingwood. From US 59, exit Northpark Drive, proceed through light at Woodland Hills Drive after entering Kingwood. Continue through light at Brookdale. Family History Center (Church) entrance is just past the strip shopping center after this light. From Lake Houston Parkway, turn left onto Northpark drive (Kroger intersection). Take your first left onto Deerbrook (no signal) and turn into the church parking lot. The family history center is located in the middle of the building. The door faces Northpark Drive.
- (Link to map using Kingwood Texas Family History Center or other map sites)
Open Hours: Tuesday 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM and 7:00-9:00 PM / Wednesday 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM and 7:00-9:00 PM/ Thursday 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Holiday Schedule: Closed one week at Thanksgiving. Closed two weeks at Christmas
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)