Kirkby Malzeard, Yorkshire Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
== Parish History  ==
 
== Parish History  ==
  
KIRKBY-MALZEARD (St. Andrew), a market town and '''parish''', in the Lower division of the wapentake of Claro, West Riding of York; comprising the townships of Azerley, Fountains-Earth, Grewelthorpe, Kirkby-Malzeard, Laverton, Stonebeck-Down, and Upper Stonebeck, and the '''chapelry of [[Hartwith cum Winsley]]'''; and containing 5180 inhabitants, of whom 900 are in the town, 6 miles (W. N. W.) from Ripon. There are separate chapels with registers of baptisms, and burials and some marriages&nbsp;at '''Dallowgill in Laverton, Grewelthorpe, Hartwith, Mickley in Azerley, Middlesmoor''', and '''Ramsgill in Stonebeck-Down'''. <ref>Lewis, Samuel A., ''[http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51082A Topographical Dictionary of England]'' (1848), pp. 692-697. Adapted. Accessed: 8 Feb 2013.</ref>'''
+
KIRKBY-MALZEARD (St. Andrew), a market town and '''parish''', in the Lower division of the wapentake of Claro, West Riding of York; comprising the townships of Azerley, Fountains-Earth, Grewelthorpe, Kirkby-Malzeard, Laverton, Stonebeck-Down, and Upper Stonebeck, and the '''chapelry of [[Hartwith cum Winsley, Yorkshire|Hartwith cum Winsley]]'''; and containing 5180 inhabitants, of whom 900 are in the town, 6 miles (W. N. W.) from Ripon. There are separate chapels with registers of baptisms, and burials and some marriages&nbsp;at '''Dallowgill in Laverton, Grewelthorpe, Hartwith, Mickley in Azerley, Middlesmoor''', and '''Ramsgill in Stonebeck-Down'''. <ref>Lewis, Samuel A., ''[http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51082A Topographical Dictionary of England]'' (1848), pp. 692-697. Adapted. Accessed: 8 Feb 2013.
  
 
== Resources  ==
 
== Resources  ==

Revision as of 17:42, 14 February 2013

England Gotoarrow.png Yorkshire Gotoarrow.pngYorkshire Parishes K-R Gotoarrow.png West Riding Gotoarrow.png Kirkby Malzeard

Parish History

KIRKBY-MALZEARD (St. Andrew), a market town and parish, in the Lower division of the wapentake of Claro, West Riding of York; comprising the townships of Azerley, Fountains-Earth, Grewelthorpe, Kirkby-Malzeard, Laverton, Stonebeck-Down, and Upper Stonebeck, and the chapelry of Hartwith cum Winsley; and containing 5180 inhabitants, of whom 900 are in the town, 6 miles (W. N. W.) from Ripon. There are separate chapels with registers of baptisms, and burials and some marriages at Dallowgill in Laverton, Grewelthorpe, Hartwith, Mickley in Azerley, Middlesmoor, and Ramsgill in Stonebeck-Down. [1]


Cite error: <ref> tags exist, but no <references/> tag was found