Knox County, Maine GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:05, 8 September 2008 by Standingve
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
62 Union Street
Rockland, Maine 04841
- Named for American Revolutionary war general and Secretary of War, Henry Knox, who lived in the county from 1795 until his death in 1806.
Created 1 April 1860 from Lincoln and Waldo counties.
Places / Localities
- City: Rockland
- Towns: Appleton | Camden | Cushing | Friendship | Hope | Isle au Haut | North Haven | Owls Head | Rockport | Saint George | South Thomaston | Thomaston | Union | Vinalhaven | Warren | Washington
- Plantation: Matinicus Isle
- Unorganized Territory: Criehaven
- Communities: Camden | Thomaston
- Villages: Hibberts Corner | Port Clyde
Societies and Libraries
- The Knox County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Knox County
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Knox County