Knox County, Maine GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:09, 8 September 2008 by Dsammy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
62 Union Street
Rockland, Maine 04841
- Named for American Revolutionary war general and Secretary of War, Henry Knox, who lived in the county from 1795 until his death in 1806.
Created 1 April 1860 from Lincoln and Waldo counties.
Places / Localities
- City: Rockland
- Towns: Appleton . Camden . Cushing . Friendship . Hope . Isle au Haut . North Haven . Owls Head . Rockport . Saint George . South Thomaston . Thomaston . Union . Vinalhaven . Warren . Washington
- Plantation: Matinicus Isle
- Unorganized territory: Criehaven
- Communities: Camden . Thomaston
- Villages: Hibberts Corner . Port Clyde
Societies and Libraries
- The Knox County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Knox County
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Knox County
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News