Knoxville Tennessee Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 400 Kendall Rd., Knoxville, TN 37919
- Location on Map
- Tuesday: 10a.m. - 4p.m.; 6p.m. - 9p.m.
- Wednesday: 11a.m - 2 p.m.; 6p.m. - 8p.m.
- Thursday: 10a.m. - 4p.m
- Saturday: By appointment only.
We are closed the following holidays: 4 July 2013; Thanksgiving Week: We're open only Tuesday, 26 November 2013: 10a.m.- 4p.m.; 6p.m. - 9p.m. We're closed the rest of the week. We re-open on a regular schedule on Tuesday, 3 December 2013. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
December 2013: We will be open for the first 2 weeks of December. We close for the rest of the 2013 year after our hours Thursday, 12 December 2013. If you would like to have a special appointment after that point in time, please email us, and we will get back to you to make arrangements with you. See you Tuesday, 7 January 2014!
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings:
First Thursday of each month at 7p.m.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)