LDS Church RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:24, 4 March 2008 by JensenFA
The following articles describe records created primarily by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
- Census gives information about censuses taken by the Church to locate and count Church members.
- Emigration and Immigration describes the records of Saints who emigranted from Britain, Europe, and Scandinavia, and the journey of the pioneers to Utah.
- Membership Records explains how to find the local branch, ward, stake, or mission documents that show the births, blessings of children, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, move-ins and move-outs, and deaths of Latter-day Saints.
- Missionaries gives information about indexes and records of members who served full-time missions for the Church.
- Patriarchal Blessings discusses how to find copies of blessings given by Church patriarchs, and explains their genealogical value.
- Priesthood Records explains what quorum records are, how to find them, and how to trace priesthood lineages.
- Temple Records describes how to locate official documents created by temple recorders showing living and proxy priesthood ordinations, endowments, sealings to parents, and sealings to spouse.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More