LDS Church RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:26, 4 March 2008 by JensenFA
The following articles describe records created primarily by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
- Census gives information about censuses taken by the Church to locate and count Church members.
- Emigration and Immigration describes the records of Saints who emigranted from Britain, Europe, and Scandinavia, and the journey of the pioneers to Utah.
- Membership Records explains how to find the local branch, ward, stake, or mission documents that show the births, blessings of children, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, move-ins and move-outs, and deaths of Latter-day Saints.
- Missionaries gives information about indexes and records of members who served full-time missions for the Church.
- Patriarchal Blessings discusses how to find copies of blessings given by Church patriarchs, and explains their genealogical value.
- Priesthood Records explains what quorum records are, how to find them, and how to trace priesthood lineages.
- Temple Records describes how to locate official documents created by temple recorders showing living and proxy priesthood ordinations, endowments, sealings to parents, and sealings to spouse.
- Ward Membership Records
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback