LDS Church RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:44, 1 August 2009 by DiltsGD
The following articles describe records created primarily by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
- LDS Census gives information about censuses taken by the Church to locate and count Church members.
- LDS Emigration and Immigration describes the records of Saints who emigrated from Britain, Europe, and Scandinavia, and the journey of the pioneers to Utah.
- LDS Membership Records explains how to find the local branch, ward, stake, or mission documents that show the births, blessings of children, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, move-ins and move-outs, and deaths of Latter-day Saints.
- LDS Missionaries gives information about indexes and records of members who served full-time missions for the Church.
- LDS Patriarchal Blessings discusses how to find copies of blessings given by Church patriarchs, and explains their genealogical value.
- LDS Priesthood Records explains what quorum records are, how to find them, and how to trace priesthood lineages.
- LDS Temple Records describes how to locate official documents created by temple recorders showing living and proxy priesthood ordinations, endowments, sealings to parents, and sealings to spouse.
- Ward Membership Records