LDS Proxy Temple Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
The collection includes LDS proxy temple records for the period before automation. It also consists of registers, family group sheets, and TIB cards. This collection includes records from 1840 to 1970.
Key genealogical facts found in this collection may include:
- Names of husband, wife, and children
- Dates and places of birth, christening, marriage, death, and burial
- Parent's names
- Additional marriages of family members
- LDS temple ordinance information
- Family representatives
- Sources of information
How to Use the Record
To begin your search it is helpful to know the names of the parents and approximate birth dates.
Search the Collection
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the Temple
⇒ Select the Record type
⇒ Select the Vol/Year which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details such as a title, an occupation, or land ownership. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors. For example:
- Use the names of the parents' father and mother to find additional generations of the family.
- Use the place and names to locate other records for the time period such as census and church records.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- Use this information as a guideline. Be aware that the information has not been verified and may have come from the submitters memory or from family records.
- If you are unable to find your ancestor look for various spellings of the names.
Related Wiki Articles
- LDS Temple Records
- Family Group Records Collection, Archives Section (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "LDS Proxy Temple Records, 1840-1970." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2014. Citing Family History Department. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, Utah.