LaGrange County, Indiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to LaGrange County Indiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|LaGrange County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 2, 1832|
|Address|| LaGrange County Courthouse|
105 N Detroit Street
LaGrange, IN 46761-1853
For tips on accessing LaGrange County, Indiana Genealogy census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Mortality Schedule for LaGrange County, Indiana (1860) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for LaGrange County, Indiana (1880) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Businesses in LaGrange County, Indiana (1868) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic and Religious Groups
- 1882 History of LaGrange County, Indiana: from the original History of LaGrange and Noble county, historical and biographical. (1979. Knightstown, IN: The Bookmark.) 977.279 H2e FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE
Land and Property
- Newbury Township land patent map
- Family Maps of LaGrange County, Indiana Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Civil War service men from LaGrange County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from La Grange County.
- 1st Regiment, Indiana Heavy Artillery, Company A
- 7th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company H
- 12th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies B, C, I, and M
- 13th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company C
- 30th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company G
- 44th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company H
- 88th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company G
- 100th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 129th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 152nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
Civil War Books
- The Call to Arms Chapter 4 in 1882 History of LaGrange County, Indiana: from the original History of LaGrange and Noble county, historical and biographical. (1979. Knightstown, IN: The Bookmark.), (page 84 - 110; Regiment, Companies) 977.279 H2e FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE
Civil War Databases
- Residents of LaGrange County Who Died in the Civil War ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Naturalization and Citizenship
La Grange County Courthouse
105 N Detroit Street
La Grange, IN 46761-1853
County Health Department has birth and death records from 1882
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1832
County Recorder has land records from 1832. 
Family History Centers
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Death, E-Publication, Instiution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- La Grange County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), La Grange County, Indiana 214 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.