LaSalle County, Illinois GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|LaSalle County, Illinois|
Location of Illinois in the U.S.
|Founded:||January 15, 1831|
|Address|| 707 Etna Road|
Ottawa, IL 61350
|Named for: Robert de LaSalle|
|This Illinois-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
LaSalle County Courthouse, 707 E. Etna Rd., Ottawa, IL 61350
The Official County website is located at http://www.lasallecounty.org
- 1831--La Salle County was created 15 January 1831 from Putnam and Vermilion Counties. County seat: Ottawa 
Places / Localities
The Fox River Colony, in La Salle County, was a gathering place for early Norwegians. []
The following have information concerning African American research.
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Illinois State Archives pamphlet on African American Research describes what records are at the State Archives with an online method for ordering records.
- African-American Resources for Illinois
Illinois cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in LaSalle County and links to the information for the individuals buried there.
- LaSalle Co. IL USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Illinois Cemeteries by county.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in LaSalle County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of LaSalle County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
Family History Center
Ottawa, LaSalle, Illinois, United States
Hours: M 11am-3pm; T-W 6pm-9pm; W 11am-3pm
- Civil War
Civil War service men from LaSalle County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of LaSalle County.
- - 44th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company A.
- - 53rd Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Companies A, B, C, D, F, I and K.
- - 55th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Companies G and I.
- - 57th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company A.
- - 58th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company H.
- - 64th Regiment, Illinois Infantry (Yates’ Sharpshooters), Company A.
- - 88th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company B.
- - 90th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company K.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- LaSalle County, Illinois Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), 195. (FHL Collection Ref Book 973 D27e 2002). WorldCat entry.