La Paz County, Arizona GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|La Paz County, Arizona|
Location in the state of Arizona
Location of Arizona in the U.S.
|Founded||November 2, 1982|
|Address|| 1316 Kofa Ave|
Parker, AZ 85344
La Paz County Courthouse
1108 Joshua Avenue
Parker, AZ 85344-6477
Clerk Superior Court has marriage, divorce, probate and
court records County Recorder has land records Parent County 
==== Parent County ==== *Up until 1821 - New Spain controlled land that later would become Arizona. Some records of early settlers may have been sent to an archives in Seville, Spain, or to archives in Mexico City.
*From 1821 until 1846 - Mexico had jurisdiction over the land that later would become Arizona. Some records of this period may have been sent to archives in Mexico City. *From 1846 to 1863 - New Mexico Territory included land that later would become Arizona. *In 1852 - New Mexico Territory set up counties that stretched east and west from the Texas border to the California border, including all the land that became Arizona. Present-day Gila County, Arizona was once part of Socorro county of New Mexico.  Some records during this period may have been sent to the Socorro County, New Mexico courthouse. *In 1863 - Arizona Territory was created from the western half of New Mexico territory. All previous counties were dissolved, and eventually four new counties were created in the new Arizona Territory. 1982--La Paz County was created 2 November 1982 from Yuma County. County seat: Parker 
|Alamo Crossing (hist.)||Cienega Springs||Love||Pioneer||Swansea|
|Brenda||Harcuvar||Olive City (hist.)||Poston||Vicksburg Junction|
|Cibola||La Paz (hist.)||Parker Strip||Salome|
- Imperial County, California
- Riverside County, California
- San Bernardino County, California
For tips on accessing La Paz County, Arizona Genealogy census records online, see: Arizona Census.
Societies and Libraries
Parker Area Historical Society
1214 California Ave.
Parker, AZ 85344-1500
Hours 10-2 Thurs. & Fri.
Quartzsite Historical Society
161 W. Main St. Quartzsite, AZ 85346
Summer Hours: 9am - 11 am Thursdays
Winter Hours: November - March Wed-Sun 10am to 3pm
Family History Centers
1416 Riata Ave
Parker, La Paz, Arizona, United States
455 S Riggles Rd
Quartzsite, La Paz, Arizona, United States
These are not mailing addresses. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- La Paz County, Arizona Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), La Paz County, Arizona p. 56. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ William Thorndale, and William Dollarhide, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987), 26. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 X2th.
- ↑ Original Counties of New Mexico Territory (map) at http://www.nmgs.org/Graphics/nmcoun-orig.jpg (accessed 9 August 2011).
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Arizona-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.