La Salle County, TexasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|LaSalle County, Texas|
Location in the state of Texas
Location of Texas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 1, 1858|
The first Anglo-American settlement came with the establishment of Fort Ewell in 1852.
1858--La Salle County was created 1 February 1858 from Bexar and Webb Counties, but was not organized until 1880. County seats: Stuart's Rancho (1880-1881), La Salle (temporary county seat 1881-1883), Cotulla (1883-present) 
Places / Localities
Artesia Wells | Cotulla | Encinal | Fowlerton | Los Angeles
- Texas African American Griots ~ USGenWeb
- AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy
- Texas African American Genealogy ~ Access Genealogy
- La Salle County Cemetery Search ~ TXGenWeb
- Cotulla Cemetery ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Tombstone Transcription Project ~ Partial transcription of cemetery tombstones ~ USGenWeb
- Texas Historic Cemeteries ~ Partial indexes to historic cemeteries
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Texas Escapes Listing of Texas cemeteries with transcriptions and lots of pictures.
Land Grant Index ~ TXGenWeb
- La Salle: La Salle County, 1975, by Annette Martin Ludeman.
- La Salle County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
- La Salle County History ~ TXGenWeb
- Texas Museums ~ List of all museums in Texas ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Historical Maps ~ From the Republic to the Turn of the Century ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Confederate Pension Listing ~ TXGenWeb
- WWI Discharges ~ TXGenWeb
- Military Resources ~ Links to research Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Fallen Heroes ~ Partial Index of casualties from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Honoring Our Veterans ~ Partial index of veterans from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Home Town News - Texas Newspaper Index with links
- Newslink - Texas Newspaper List (sorted by publication frequency)
- The Olden Times - Historic Texas News Online
- LaSalle County Obituaries ~ TXGenWeb
- Obituary Resources ~ Links to research and locate obituaries ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Texas
- Afrigeneas ~ African American death notices, obituaries and funeral programs compiled by users from current newspapers and historical sources
- Obituary Depot ~ Texas Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Project ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- La Salle County Probate Index ~ TXGenWeb
- Search Tax, Criminal, Land and Wills Records ~ Ancestry.com (subscription)
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Texas Divorce Records 1968 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Texas 1850 - 1930
Societies and Libraries
Alexander Memorial Library
201 S Center St
Cotulla, TX 78014
Phone: (830) 879-2601
Family History Centers
Society Hill ~ Links and addresses to Texas genealogical and historical societies
- La Salle County Archives ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- La Salle County ~ TXGenWeb
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Hidden Ancestors Information on Texas genealogy research as well as genealogy research in general.
- USGenWeb Texas Archives Vital statistics, maps, obituaries, Bible records, tombstone transcriptions and many other records.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), La Salle County, Texas. Page 668 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handbook of Texas Online: La Salle County http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcl04
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback