Lafayette County, FloridaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Florida-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Lafayette County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||December 23, 1856|
Lafayette County Courthouse
Main St; PO Box 88
Mayo, FL 32066
County Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce records from 1902,
court records from 1907 and land records from 1893. 
1892 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Lafayette County, Florida census records online, see: Florida Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Official USGenWeb FLGenWeb Lafayette County Site
- Lafayette County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Lafayette County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lafayette County, Florida Page 135 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback