Laguna Niguel California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Laguna Niguel Family History Center serves Laguna Niguel, surrounding cities and areas of South Orange County. The Family History Center is free and open to the public. Please always call the telephone number, (949) 580-1908, to verify a volunteer will be there to help you.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 22851 Aliso Creek Rd Aliso Viejo CA 92656 United States
Phone: 1 949-580-1908 Please call ahead to verify a volunteer is available to help you.
- Tuesday 9am - 4pm 6pm - 9pm
- Wednesday 9am - 4pm 6pm - 9pm
- Thursday 9am - 4pm 6pm - 9pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed December 20, 2013-January 6, 2014, August 2014, November 27 - 30, 2014, December 19, 2014 - January 5, 2015
Calendar and Events
Volunteers from the Laguna Niguel Family History Center will be at the Soka University International Fair on Saturday, May 3rd, 2014. Come find out how we can help you discover your ancestors. There will also be information on Emergency Preparedness available.
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.This includes the following:
- Fold 3.com
- ThePaperTrail.org (A guide to Overland Pioneer Names and Documents
- American Civil War Collection
- 19th Century British Newspapers Archive
- ArkivDigital (Swedish records=36 Million documents)
Hardware and Equipment
- 5 Computers with Internet access
- 2 Microfilm Readers
- 1 Microfiche Reader
- 1 Digital Imaging System
- Microfilm and Microfiche Scanner
- Flatbed Scanner
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News