Lake County, Montana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Montana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Lake County Courthouse
106 4th Avenue
Polson, MT 59860-2125
County Clerk Recorder has birth, death and land records
from 1923; Clerk Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court
records from 1923 and naturalization records 1923-1953
|Dayton||Kicking Horse||Ravalli||Turtle Lake|
|Elmo||Kings Point||Rocky Point||Woods Bay|
The Flathead Indian Reservation comprises most of Lake County. Small portions of the reservation are also in the surrounding counties of Flathead , Missoula, and Sanders Counties.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- St. Ignatius
- See an interactive map of Lake County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers including Kalispell newspapers. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 416.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More