Lake County, Montana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Lake County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Lake County Courthouse
106 4th Avenue
Polson, MT 59860-2125
County Clerk Recorder has birth, death and land records
from 1923; Clerk Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court
records from 1923 and naturalization records 1923-1953
|Dayton||Kicking Horse||Ravalli||Turtle Lake|
|Elmo||Kings Point||Rocky Point||Woods Bay|
The Flathead Indian Reservation comprises most of Lake County. Small portions of the reservation are also in the surrounding counties of Flathead , Missoula, and Sanders Counties.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- St. Ignatius
- See an interactive map of Lake County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers including Kalispell newspapers. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 416.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Montana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.