Lancaster County, South Carolina Compiled GenealogiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Main article: Lancaster County, South Carolina
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
Surname indexes to Leonardo Andrea's Files | Folders | Resources are available online, courtesy: The Andrea Files: South Carolina Genealogical Research. Learn more.
Genealogies about several Lancaster County families are kept at the Winthrop College Archives and Special Collections in Rock Hill, S.C.
- Lancaster County, SC Family History and Genealogy Message Board (Ancestry)
- Lancaster County, SC Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- [Barnett] Wear, Kyle. "Proposed Ancestry and Extended Family of William Barnett," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 36, No. 3 (Summer 2008):123-138. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 36
- [Baskin] Bell, Raymond Martin. Andrew Baskin, Esq., Kershaw and Lancaster Counties, S.C. and Other Baskin Notes. Typescripts, 1965, Clayton Library, Houston, Texas. Microfilmed 1983. FHL 1318370 Items 12-13; digital version at Ancestry ($).
- [Caston] Floyd, Viola Caston. Caston and Related Families Descendants of Glass Caston of Lancaster County, South Carolina. Lancaster, S.C.: V.C. Floyd, 1972. FHL 929.273 C279f
- [Craig] Craig, Eloise. Descendants of John Craig, Esquire and John Robinson, Senior, Scotch- Irish Immigrants to Lancaster County, South Carolina. Lancaster, S.C.: E. Craig, 1988. FHL 929.273 C844ce
- [Crawford] Veach, Mary Frances Thomas. Sorting the Waxhaw Crawfords a Compendium of Research on the Crawfords & Related Families Starting Out in the Counties of York, Chester, & Lancaster, South Carolina Before the Revolution. Elverta, Calif.: M. Veach, 1993. FamilySearch Books Online; FHL 929.273 C856v.
- [Cureton] Cureton, Thomas Kirk. The Curetons of Lancaster Co., S.C. n.p.: n.p., 1949?. FamilySearch Books Online; FHL 975.7 D2w; digital versions at Ancestry ($).
- [Emmons] Corcoran, E. Emmons. The John Corcoran Family of Charleston, S.C.; the Samuel Barnes Emmons Family of Lancaster, S.C. Asheville, N.C.: E.E. Corcoran, 1983. FHL 929.273 C811ce 1986 Addendum: FHL 929.273 C811ce supp. 1
- [Floyd] Floyd, Viola Caston. Floyd - Ervin Family of Lancaster County, South Carolina. Typescript, 1963. FHL 873154 Item 2
- [Harper] Floyd, Viola Caston. Descendants of William Harper Irish Immigrant to Lancaster County, South Carolina. Lancaster, S.C.: The Lancaster Center Press, 1965. FHL 929.273 H231f
- [Isom] Bailey, Rex Franklin. Insights of Isoms: John Isom Family, Lancaster District, South Carolina. Fountain Inn, S.C.: R.F. Bailey, 1994. FHL 929.273 Is7b
- [Kirk] Mosher, Merrill Hill. "Origin of the John, Mathew & Robert Kirk Families of Lancaster County, South Carolina," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 23, No. 2 (Spring 1995):74-79. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 23
- [McCardell] McCardell, William Markham. Descendants of John and Nancy Douglass McCardell Married 2 May 1816, Lancaster, South Carolina. Stamford, Conn.: W.M. McCardell, 2000. FHL 929.273 M126mw
- [McDow] Corcoran, E. Emmons. The Family of John Cunningham McDow, Sr. of Lancaster, South Carolina. Asheville, N.C.: E.E. Corcoran, 1980. FHL 929.273 M148ce 1990 edition: FHL 929.273 M148ce 1990
- [Montgomery] Lytle, John Henry. Montgomerys of Lancaster District South Carolina, Mississippi, and Other States. Typescript. Microfilmed 2000. FHL 1425314 Item 6
- [Patton] White, William Boyce. Genealogy of Two Early Patton Families of York, Chester, and Lancaster Counties, South Carolina. Roanoke, Va.: W.B. White, 1996. FHL 929.273 P278w
- [Pendergrass] Pendergrast, Robert A. Family History, John Pendergrass of Bute County, North Carolina, and Lancaster County, South Carolina. Atlanta, Ga.: R.A. Pendergrast, 1980. FHL 929.273 P373pr
- [Robertson] Robertson, Rhonda. William Robertson of England and His Descendants: (A Partial Genealogy). n.p.: Rhonda Robertson, 1978. FHL FAM HIST Book 929.273 R545rr.
- [Robertson] Roberson, Rhonda S. "Genealogical Sketches of Revolutionary War Soldiers: William Robertson," The Southwest Virginian, Vol. 1, No. 2 (Apr. 1978):55-78. FHL Book 975.57 D25s v. 1 (1978).
- [Robinson] Craig, Eloise. Descendants of John Craig, Esquire and John Robinson, Senior, Scotch- Irish Immigrants to Lancaster County, South Carolina. Lancaster, S.C.: E. Craig, 1988. FHL 929.273 C844ce
- [Terrell] Terrill, Don C. The Terrell Family of Lancaster County, South Carolina. Falls Church, Va.: D.C. Terrill, 198-?. FHL 929.273 T277tdc
- ↑ Ron Chepesiuk, "Genealogy: Resources of the Wintrhop Archives," The South Carolina&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 8, No. 3 (Summer 1980):164-168. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 8. Chepesiuk identifies the family collections available in 1980.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News