Lancaster County, South Carolina Compiled GenealogiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Main article: Lancaster County, South Carolina
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
Surname indexes to Leonardo Andrea's Files | Folders | Resources are available online, courtesy: The Andrea Files: South Carolina Genealogical Research. Learn more.
Genealogies about several Lancaster County families are kept at the Winthrop College Archives and Special Collections in Rock Hill, S.C.
- Lancaster County, SC Family History and Genealogy Message Board (Ancestry)
- Lancaster County, SC Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- [Barnett] Wear, Kyle. "Proposed Ancestry and Extended Family of William Barnett," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 36, No. 3 (Summer 2008):123-138. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 36
- [Baskin] Bell, Raymond Martin. Andrew Baskin, Esq., Kershaw and Lancaster Counties, S.C. and Other Baskin Notes. Typescripts, 1965, Clayton Library, Houston, Texas. Microfilmed 1983. FHL 1318370 Items 12-13; digital version at Ancestry ($).
- [Caston] Floyd, Viola Caston. Caston and Related Families Descendants of Glass Caston of Lancaster County, South Carolina. Lancaster, S.C.: V.C. Floyd, 1972. FHL 929.273 C279f
- [Craig] Craig, Eloise. Descendants of John Craig, Esquire and John Robinson, Senior, Scotch- Irish Immigrants to Lancaster County, South Carolina. Lancaster, S.C.: E. Craig, 1988. FHL 929.273 C844ce
- [Crawford] Veach, Mary Frances Thomas. Sorting the Waxhaw Crawfords a Compendium of Research on the Crawfords & Related Families Starting Out in the Counties of York, Chester, & Lancaster, South Carolina Before the Revolution. Elverta, Calif.: M. Veach, 1993. FamilySearch Books Online; FHL 929.273 C856v.
- [Cureton] Cureton, Thomas Kirk. The Curetons of Lancaster Co., S.C. n.p.: n.p., 1949?. FamilySearch Books Online; FHL 975.7 D2w; digital versions at Ancestry ($).
- [Emmons] Corcoran, E. Emmons. The John Corcoran Family of Charleston, S.C.; the Samuel Barnes Emmons Family of Lancaster, S.C. Asheville, N.C.: E.E. Corcoran, 1983. FHL 929.273 C811ce 1986 Addendum: FHL 929.273 C811ce supp. 1
- [Floyd] Floyd, Viola Caston. Floyd - Ervin Family of Lancaster County, South Carolina. Typescript, 1963. FHL 873154 Item 2
- [Harper] Floyd, Viola Caston. Descendants of William Harper Irish Immigrant to Lancaster County, South Carolina. Lancaster, S.C.: The Lancaster Center Press, 1965. FHL 929.273 H231f
- [Isom] Bailey, Rex Franklin. Insights of Isoms: John Isom Family, Lancaster District, South Carolina. Fountain Inn, S.C.: R.F. Bailey, 1994. FHL 929.273 Is7b
- [Kirk] Mosher, Merrill Hill. "Origin of the John, Mathew & Robert Kirk Families of Lancaster County, South Carolina," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 23, No. 2 (Spring 1995):74-79. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 23
- [McCardell] McCardell, William Markham. Descendants of John and Nancy Douglass McCardell Married 2 May 1816, Lancaster, South Carolina. Stamford, Conn.: W.M. McCardell, 2000. FHL 929.273 M126mw
- [McDow] Corcoran, E. Emmons. The Family of John Cunningham McDow, Sr. of Lancaster, South Carolina. Asheville, N.C.: E.E. Corcoran, 1980. FHL 929.273 M148ce 1990 edition: FHL 929.273 M148ce 1990
- [Montgomery] Lytle, John Henry. Montgomerys of Lancaster District South Carolina, Mississippi, and Other States. Typescript. Microfilmed 2000. FHL 1425314 Item 6
- [Patton] White, William Boyce. Genealogy of Two Early Patton Families of York, Chester, and Lancaster Counties, South Carolina. Roanoke, Va.: W.B. White, 1996. FHL 929.273 P278w
- [Pendergrass] Pendergrast, Robert A. Family History, John Pendergrass of Bute County, North Carolina, and Lancaster County, South Carolina. Atlanta, Ga.: R.A. Pendergrast, 1980. FHL 929.273 P373pr
- [Robertson] Robertson, Rhonda. William Robertson of England and His Descendants: (A Partial Genealogy). n.p.: Rhonda Robertson, 1978. FHL FAM HIST Book 929.273 R545rr.
- [Robertson] Roberson, Rhonda S. "Genealogical Sketches of Revolutionary War Soldiers: William Robertson," The Southwest Virginian, Vol. 1, No. 2 (Apr. 1978):55-78. FHL Book 975.57 D25s v. 1 (1978).
- [Robinson] Craig, Eloise. Descendants of John Craig, Esquire and John Robinson, Senior, Scotch- Irish Immigrants to Lancaster County, South Carolina. Lancaster, S.C.: E. Craig, 1988. FHL 929.273 C844ce
- [Terrell] Terrill, Don C. The Terrell Family of Lancaster County, South Carolina. Falls Church, Va.: D.C. Terrill, 198-?. FHL 929.273 T277tdc
- ↑ Ron Chepesiuk, "Genealogy: Resources of the Wintrhop Archives," The South Carolina&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 8, No. 3 (Summer 1980):164-168. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 8. Chepesiuk identifies the family collections available in 1980.