Lane County, Kansas Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
m (fixed link)
|Line 93:||Line 93:|
[[Category:Lane_County,_Kansas]] [[Category:Kansas ]]
Revision as of 02:22, 2 February 2013
Lane County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Lane County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1873|
|Address|| Lane County Courthouse|
144 S Ln
P.O. Box 788
Dighton, Kansas 67839
Lane County Courthouse
144 S Lane, PO Box 788;
Dighton, KS 67839
Magistrate Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records.
Register of Deeds has land records,
City of Dighton has burial records. 
1873--Lane County was created 6 March 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Dighton 
- Lane County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Lane County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lane County, Kansas page 252, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).