Lane County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Lane County Courthouse
144 S Lane, PO Box 788;
Dighton, KS 67839
Magistrate Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records.
Register of Deeds has land records,
City of Dighton has burial records. 
1873--Lane County was created 6 March 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Dighton 
- Lane County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Lane County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lane County, Kansas page 252, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).