Lang Plantation, Maine

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
m (typo)
(breadcrumb trail)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Maine|Maine]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Franklin County, Maine|Franklin]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]'' '''Lang Plantation'''
 +
 
'''Lang''' is an extinct [[Maine plantations|plantation]], now an unorganized territory ([[Maine townships|township]]) in the North Franklin townships of Franklin County, Maine. It was first organized as a plantation from Township 2 R3 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (T2 R3 WBKP) in 1866, and reorganized in 1894 and again in 1895. Lang surrendered its plantation organization in 1935, and has since remained unorganized territory.<ref name="CCTPM">Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, ''Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes'' (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 82 (digital p. 91). A digital version is available via {{FHL|283056|item|disp=a link}} in the FHL Catalog.</ref>  
 
'''Lang''' is an extinct [[Maine plantations|plantation]], now an unorganized territory ([[Maine townships|township]]) in the North Franklin townships of Franklin County, Maine. It was first organized as a plantation from Township 2 R3 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (T2 R3 WBKP) in 1866, and reorganized in 1894 and again in 1895. Lang surrendered its plantation organization in 1935, and has since remained unorganized territory.<ref name="CCTPM">Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, ''Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes'' (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 82 (digital p. 91). A digital version is available via {{FHL|283056|item|disp=a link}} in the FHL Catalog.</ref>  
  

Revision as of 11:06, 5 September 2013

United States Gotoarrow.png Maine Gotoarrow.png Franklin Gotoarrow.png Lang Plantation

Lang is an extinct plantation, now an unorganized territory (township) in the North Franklin townships of Franklin County, Maine. It was first organized as a plantation from Township 2 R3 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (T2 R3 WBKP) in 1866, and reorganized in 1894 and again in 1895. Lang surrendered its plantation organization in 1935, and has since remained unorganized territory.[1]

References

  1. Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 82 (digital p. 91). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.